A student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) Awka, unfortunately, lost most of what she owns, including important documents when her hostel caught fire yesterday.
The student was on holiday when the fire broke out but her belongings, including all her school fees receipt from first year till the present day and all important documents, were destroyed in the fire.
Though upset, she thanked God that she wasn’t in the house at the time of the fire.
Umunnem ooooo. Below is the remnant of the room i live in, in one of the hostel at Awka. I left the room intact in August when last session ended, only to be informed yesterday evening by the Reverend Sisters managing the hostel that everything I have acquired from 100L till date has burnt down. I mean everything including my documents and receipts of all the dues i have paid through out my stay in Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka. According to the Sisters, they don’t know what actually caused the fire outbreak but they are suspecting it might be electrical because one of the switch in the apartment ,which I have never made use of was on. On the other hand, had it been i was in that apartment when the fire broke out i don’t think i would have survived,so I’m grateful to God for my life in as much as I’m totally devastated. Please my fellow Igboist, if anyone is going out or traveling, he/she should endeavour to off all the electrical gadgets in the house to avoid stories that touches the heart.
Meanwhile, social media users have pointed out that her bible, which can be seen in the midst of the burnt belongings, was not destroyed, Her fan was also not destroyed.